PDA

View Full Version : Jay Lenno Expressvu - HDTV-NBC

Skyway
01-23-2002, 06:18 PM
I noticed in the guide that the Lenno Show is on ExpressVu's HDTV channel 286 tonight and that the description shows the same episode that was on SC HD channel last night...

If you check the ExpressVu regular NBC East channel in the guide it shows a different episode...

Do you think ExpressVu taping the feed??

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 06:45 PM
They are probably taping it for demo purposes and showing during the day, like the do with the HD Hockey Games. They can then have a full day of content with taped demos. The 11:35PM ET show is picked up live from NBC Boston! Its a good way to showcase HDTV sets in FS and other dealers as there is always some fresh content IMO.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 10:57 PM
I just read your thread over again and realized your talking about the later show, but I checked my guide and it says Robin Williams is a guest tonite? Maybe they didnt update the guide yet.

Skyway
01-23-2002, 11:11 PM
My guide shows the Robin Williams episode info too??

About 6 hours ago it had info describing yesterdays episode..

I guess the guide simply had not been updated yet?? Or someone at Bell noticed the error and corrected it...

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 12:45 AM
Its kinda cool though that they can update the guide with information when they need to. It at least keeps us informed with what is going on. Look forward to the HD on Leno, it is very good PQ. Im glad BEV has added it. However, some people out west may not like the fact that their shows are now not on in prime time. BEV should continue to replay some of the prime time lineup after the Leno show IMO.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 02:29 AM
>>However, some people out west may not like the fact that their shows are now not on in prime time.

The big problem is Leno's 11:35 (8:35 PST) start time; that eats into two hourly blocks, and means Expressvu has to make some choices. And that means they'll never be able to satisfy all of the people all of the time.
Last night, for instance, we got JAG at 5 PM, instead of ABC's Dharma & Greg and Spin City. I've never been a fan of JAG, but I'll watch Spin City just to see Heather Locklear in high def. I'm sure had the call gone the other way, the JAG fans wouldn't be happy.
And when JAG's west coast window came up, we got half an hour from some PBS documentary, an hour of Jay, 25 minutes of demo, and then back on track with CBS' Judging Amy.
I suppose it's a good problem to have too much HD, but Expressvu's bandwidth limitations are really coming home to roost. What the techs at Expressvu need is an HD PVR, then they could timeshift for us!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 04:54 AM
>Its kinda cool though that they can update the guide with information when they need to.

My favorite moment from back when I had Dish Network back in 97-98, just before my beloved Vu existed, was during an HBO film. I hit info on the guide to see the plot summary and it said something along the lines of...

"A man. with amnesia accused of murder searches for the real killer"

A week later the same film was airing so i hit info, only this time somebody had the cahones to change the info to...

"A man. with amnesia accused of murder searches for the real killer... O.J. Simpson"

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Saw Robin Williams last night, he is a funny fella. I just cant wait to Pamela Anderson in HD..... that will be an event!!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 04:20 PM
I saw Robin Williams too. Yes he was funny. But what I found interesting was when I switched to NTSC, his suit looked like the middle stripe was brown. There was also some strange colour effects in the suit. In HD, you could clearly see that the middle stripe was brown.

I think this was an excellent example of what people are really missing when they are watching NTSC. I don't normally watch Leno, but Robin Williams, I thought I'd get a laugh. Too bad they bleeped out so much. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 06:53 PM
Its true. Robin Williams suit was a good example of the details you can pick up. What was it he said "it was a gay prison uniform" heheh. (no offence intended to anyone). Also you could see the stitching in Jay Lenos suit which was kind of cool. Man does he ever wear a lot of makeup! He looks orange.

LOL

XBR_II
01-24-2002, 07:27 PM
I told NBC not to hire Tammy Faye Baker as his make-up artist.