PDA

View Full Version : TV and Radio Satalite Programming

Shadedmuse
12-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Now with Satalitie radio in Canada, can this forum be retitled to fit both TV and Radio satalite? or would their be a seperate forum for Satalite radio?

On that note loooks like U.S Subs get all Canadian Programeing and Canadian Subs are limited to U.S Programes meaning Know Air AMerica, to balance out CBC Right wing News. Peter and his pannel seemed to be gidding when Paul MArtan was forced to call election.

cybrgrd
12-04-2005, 01:33 AM
scroll down on the main page and you will see it is already there.

digitalcable
12-04-2005, 03:08 AM
CBC has deliberately blocked any right wing talk from Sirius Canada. If you notice they are not offering Fox News, yet they offer CNN, and MSNBC. If I decide to get Sat Radio, i'm going with XM Canada.

Shadedmuse
12-04-2005, 04:41 AM
So you say CBC wants to be the only right wing talk radio in Canada? because CBC is very right wing. and I was wondering if CBC Is blocking Air America radio from Canada because they do not want Left wing talk in Canada?

Andrew8468
12-04-2005, 09:07 AM
I've got a prescription for muscle relaxants from my doctor. What's your excuse?

digitalcable
12-04-2005, 03:25 PM
CBC is as far to the left as they go! They dont want you to hear other opinions, especially those that lean to the right.

Jaspear
12-04-2005, 07:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
and I was wondering if CBC Is blocking Air America radio from Canada because they do not want Left wing talk in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that, or they didn't want the competition. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On that note loooks like U.S Subs get all Canadian Programeing and Canadian Subs are limited to U.S Programes

[/ QUOTE ]

Sirius subs in the US only get five of the Canadian channels.

LarryW
12-06-2005, 01:30 AM
The reason you won't find Fox on Sirius is because Fox is withdrawing from Sirius, they have signed an exclusive deal with XM effective Jan 1. This is the same thing AirAmerica did a while ago. So, I don't think there's any political favoritism here, just exclusive contracts. If anything, blame the XM people.

Jaspear
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
The reason you won't find Fox on Sirius is because Fox is withdrawing from Sirius, they have signed an exclusive deal with XM effective Jan 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is first I've heard of this. Do you have a source? XM will launch Fox News *radio* on Jan. 1, but I haven't seen anyone claim its exclusive to XM. As for the Fox News Channel audio, Sirius is still negotiating a new contract for FNC. If they don't come to an agreement, Sirius would lose FNC on January 1st.

SatMike
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
This is first I've heard of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I read this about a month ago on SkyReport. Sorry, I don't have the link.

Probably no claims of exclusive yet because there isn't any at this time.