PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Andrew8468
12-03-2005, 04:47 AM
I'm in my local Walmart, they have little signs on all the cash registers saying satellite radio arrives Dec 1 and to visit the automotive department. When I get back there, a big pile of XM boxes but nothing from Sirius. Go to Zellers next and they have nothing. Then onto Canadian Tire, again in automotive. Under lock and key with parts missing from the box for security. They have 3 XM models and 2 from Sirius with another on it's way. Didn't have time to check the local The Source by Circuit City.

batfink
12-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Future Shop in Edmonton had plenty of Delphi XM product but only one or two Sirius boxes. This was on December 1. Don't know if that was all they had or Sirius had an opening day run.

Going back Sunday night for the FS Family & Friends night.

cybrgrd
12-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I was at Walmart last night here and they also had a large stack of XM boxes there. They only had one model and no sign of Sirius either, never looked much further than knowing that they had it.

Bruce
12-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Our local “Source”, a really good place to avoid, had some XM on December 1 including a demo. The manager (owner?) who seemed fairly knowledgeable said that Sirius had some “hardware” problems and that units would be couriered in the following day. I don’t know if he was inventing this on the spot or not. I did not go back the next day (Dec. 2) to find out.

I will cross the pond to BC’s center of the universe next week and maybe pick up a Sirius.

We have had an XM in the truck for 1 ˝ years, so I will give Sirius a try as it has 20 more channels, is only $2 more, has CBC Radio 1 (unfortunately from the wrong time zone) and may work better in steep valleys and on roads bordered buy tall trees.

Jaspear
12-04-2005, 07:19 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
...and may work better in steep valleys and on roads bordered buy tall trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does for me driving through steep valleys and canyons in WA, MT and BC.

Andrew8468
12-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Any updates? I saw a XM unit at my local Sears store. And haven't had time to check the stores I had been to previously.

batfink
12-11-2005, 08:58 AM
A lot of stores in Edmonton have the cheaper Sirius car radio but none I found have the StarMate...some have the home kit for the StarMate though...lots of XM product everywhere...

CND_NASCAR_FAN
12-12-2005, 01:59 AM
StarMate is backordred. I got the only one that came into my store, the rest of the shipment is backordered. Homekits came though, looks strange - homekits with nothing to hook them to.

Andrew8468
12-18-2005, 04:59 AM
Was in the local Walmart again. Still just the one model from XM and they now have 1 Sirius One and 1 Starmate.