PDA

View Full Version : Format of local weather on 3100 Expressvu

jeffnoone
09-09-2001, 01:21 AM
For those of you with a 3100 receiver,
how does this local weather feature work?

Is there a new channel which shows the updating local weather panel constantly?

Or does the regionally correct weather insert itself into the Weather Channel
(eg every 10 minutes as it does on cable)

Thanks for input
Jeff

**DONOTDELETE**
09-09-2001, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffnoone:
For those of you with a 3100 receiver,
how does this local weather feature work?

Is there a new channel which shows the updating local weather panel constantly?

Or does the regionally correct weather insert itself into the Weather Channel
(eg every 10 minutes as it does on cable)

Thanks for input
Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably that this option will be in a new Software version, and will visible in Guide on upper screen or other!

But this option is a futur feature !

**DONOTDELETE**
09-09-2001, 01:06 PM
During a CBC "The National" segment about the launch of new digital channels on Friday, they demonstrated this feature. It works using a separate channel which provides an interactive interface. It looked quite slick from what they showed.

It's not available yet, but it should be available soon according to the story.

sam2
09-09-2001, 05:48 PM
I read somewhere( cant remember it might have been Globe and Mail insert) that BEv is going to charge for the instant weather 50 cents/month Can you believe it? They are starting to get as bad as banks.

ranold
09-09-2001, 05:57 PM
BEV won't be getting me to sign up for that feature! Why bother when you can view live radar, thunderstorm, tornado and forecasting images and audio from the Internet....for free.
.50 cents/month...geez dumb idea.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-09-2001, 08:00 PM
No,,, i think the weather will be provided free of charge - i don't know where i read it but i read it somewhere.

sam2
09-10-2001, 12:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jc:
No,,, i think the weather will be provided free of charge - i don't know where i read it but i read it somewhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah Jc its hard to believe but I remember nearly falling out of my chair when I read it. 50 cents a month for instant weather. I'll search for it and post the source when I find it. http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Skyway
09-10-2001, 01:41 AM
This is cut from information all Bell ExpressVu dealers received Sept 7th...

INSTANT WEATHER LAUNCH

Instant Weather will soon be available on both the Model 3100 and the Model 5100 for 50/month. All new customers will receive Instant Weather FREE for two months upon activation. Instant Weather provides regularly updated weather information for over 300 cities in Canada and around the world including the 5-day weather forecast.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 01:48 AM
But how right will it be if I'm for the service I hope it'll be correct.Gant you it's only .50cents I pay more for a can of pop.

sam2
09-10-2001, 02:09 AM
Thanks Skyway I can stop looking now http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

[This message has been edited by sam2 (edited 09-09-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 02:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ranold:
Why bother when you can view live radar, thunderstorm, tornado and forecasting images and audio from the Internet....for free.
.50 cents/month...geez dumb idea.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see. My guess is the vast majority of 3100/5100 owners will fork out 50 cents for this. Most people spend far more time in front of their TV than their computer and will love the convenience. Also, as previous cable TV users, they are used to the news/info/weather channel. My wife misses that channel the most (an avid gardener!!!) and believe it or not this feature will help my "sales pitch" to get a 5100 http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BarryT (edited 09-09-2001).]

Arthur
09-10-2001, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TV MAN:
But how right will it be if I'm for the service I hope it'll be correct.Gant you it's only .50cents I pay more for a can of pop.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mother Nature will be given a free 3100 to watch the forcast.
She will make the weather to match the forcast. http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 08:05 PM
Anyone in the GTA can just flip to Pulse 24 for instant weather right now. I think I'll keep my 50 cents. BEV will have to come up with something a bit more compelling.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 09:00 PM
50cents/month for weather....You've got to be kidding!

It will cost BEV more to administer than that http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Remus
09-15-2001, 05:46 AM
I talked to a CSR last night, and she mentioned that the Instant Weather feature has started at 12:00am last night. But she nor her manager was able to find the channel of it. They said it would be up by today, but I cannot find the channel. I remember someone here posted the channel of it before where they saw it on display.. does anyone remember of the channel they used?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-15-2001, 11:31 AM
e-mail EVU right now! and say you cant charge people for weather! they can just go on the net.

info@expressvu.com

SatMike
09-17-2001, 01:54 PM
Does anybody know if DTV & Dish in the u.s. charge extra for their interactive services?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-18-2001, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 51derful:
Anyone in the GTA can just flip to Pulse 24 for instant weather right now. I think I'll keep my 50 cents. BEV will have to come up with something a bit more compelling.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but for some reason, they never seem to get their weather prodictions right.