PDA

View Full Version : SA Explorer 8000SD/HD Experiences Y2K-like Bug

MeSat
02-24-2004, 05:17 PM
I don't know if anyone on this list uses one of these converters.

SA Explorer 8000SD/HD Experiences Y2K-like Bug (http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/24/008248&mode=thread)

tat2
02-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Yep I have one. Just got it a couple of days ago.
Last night when I left for work everything was A-OK, when I got home this morning I only had one scheduled record in my list (I had about 20 in the list to start).

Apparently the one is still there because it was a sigle timer for one day only on Wed. All the others were "All episode" versions.

I can still set manual timers for tonight (it's all I tried), but I cannot even select any item in the guide to record for any day.

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif well at least I'm not the only one affected. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope they get a PROPER fix soon

Lost of discussion at www.digitalhomecanada.com (http://www.digitalhomecanada.com) inteh SA fourm.

2scoop
02-25-2004, 03:52 AM
From the article:

"The problem began occuring on the 23rd when the 7-day program guide first began to encounter the February 29th programming."

See BEV is on the right track !!!! their PVR wouldn't (wont) have had problems until the 27th. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, I just had to vent at BEV's stupidity of having only a two day guide on a PVR /forums/images/graemlins/volcano.gif

tat2
02-25-2004, 08:20 PM
IT appears ROgers is upgrading the firmware right now (3:04pm EST) to fix the problem.

A waring box several reboots and lots of number flashing on the front panel display.

Kinda fun to watch in an ultra geeky way. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tat2
02-25-2004, 08:47 PM
All done. I just waited till the clock appeared after all that loading and re-booting. It seem to have taken about 30min (I took a shower so I can't be exact).

All my existing show and timers are still there.

I tried a new timer for all episodes and then checked IT WORKS. (even past Mar 1)

Now well see if the records actually happen, but Im pretty sure they will.

Yeah! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shawguy
03-09-2004, 12:00 AM
do you think this will happean again in 2008? lol Hopefully not