PDA

View Full Version : SCREAM and Drive in Classics

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 08:25 PM
Anyone know what happened to these two channels?

No SCREAM on StarChoice.

No SCREAM and No Drive in Classics on Expressvu.

Is SCREAM not launching?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 08:45 PM
I was also wondering if Starchoice plans on adding Scream and Drive-in to their line-up.
Would anyone happen to have that info..my son was really looking forward to these two channels. I'm just happy to have gotten what we have now.

chrisj
09-07-2001, 09:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starwatcher:
Anyone know what happened to these two channels?

No SCREAM on StarChoice.

No SCREAM and No Drive in Classics on Expressvu.

Is SCREAM not launching?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both Scream and Drive-In Classics are on ExpressVu - however neither of them (like many other stations) launch until tonight.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 09:14 PM
I sure hope my son does not see that Express vu
is carrying them.( I really don't understand why Starchoice would not have added them. Are they Canadian channels?

Chaos
09-07-2001, 09:16 PM
I just called Salter Street and unfortunately they have temperary staff working who don't know anything about the new services. The big cheese's are in Toronto for the digital launch. So no word on whether Scream will hit the airwaves tonight.

MTOTech
09-07-2001, 09:20 PM
I also am wondering why SC would choose not to include these channels. I was also looking forward to checking out Movieola, and my kids were hoping for all the new music channels like BPM, Edge, and the 2 new MUCH channels.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 09:44 PM
Why doesn't Expressvu have SCREAM on their website in any listed group or even for individual sale?

snoman
09-07-2001, 10:36 PM
SC is adding 34 new channels today and BEV is adding 40 today,SC will be adding at least 16 more very soon including Scream and Drive In Classics.They did say they were adding over 50 new channels.
CHUM's transponder on F1 is pretty full now so SC and CHUM will have to negotiate for carriage on one of SC's transponders.

[This message has been edited by snoman (edited 09-07-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 10:44 PM
Thanks Snoman..my son will be happy.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2001, 12:17 AM
When I called *C to activate PrideVision. I asked the CSR about SCREAM and DriveInClassics. He said he never heard of them before but that they might be adding more channels in the future. I asked him if he could put my request through and he took the information down and said that he would send the request to the right people.

So if your a StarChoice subscriber, I do not think it can hurt to let them know that we would like to see these two channels.

snoman
09-08-2001, 02:26 AM
SC did state they were adding over 50 new channels,so far 35 including ARTV,that leaves at least 15 more to go,I think it's a safe bet SCers will get everything Rogers digital cable is offering including Discovery Wings.
This is where the 2 sat advantage will pay off.I say again...
"BANDWIDTH BABY BANDWIDTH"