PDA

View Full Version : *** Cable new channels - post here ***

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 03:01 PM
For comparison, doesn't matter which provider tho' be nice and post it so everyone can know.

Same rules apply.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 03:53 PM
Looks like some of the channels will not launch on time... they have been removed from the Rogers Ottawa IPG...

TV Land - Sept. 14th
MTV 1 - Oct. 15th
MTV 2 - Oct. 15th
NHL Channel - Oct. 4th
Leafs - Rogers giveth, Rogers taketh away in Ottawa... a boo boo?
RetroTV - ?
HighSchool - ?

digitalcable
09-07-2001, 05:44 PM
Here is a brief cable update. Most channels are active but not all have programming, pretty much the same as DBS but some others like EWTN and Discovery Wings are on the air as well as MUCHLOUD. For some reason Health Network is on in place of Discovery Health. Maybe Rogers is getting this feed from Expressvu?? Also Leafs tv is airing something

[This message has been edited by digitalcable (edited 09-07-2001).]

digitalcable
09-07-2001, 05:50 PM
I forgot to mention both Sex-TV and Pridevision are in the clear on Rogers and previewing.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 05:50 PM
Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on with shaw and its new channels? I dont see any new channels at all.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 06:09 PM
Residents of Southern Saskatchewan will have to wait a while longer before they get any digital specialty services.

Access Communications (who has properties in Regina, Regina Beach, White City, Weyburn, Estevan and Yorkton) are launching the basic 16, plus Animal planet, BBC Canada, BBC Kids, Dejaview, Discovery Civil., Disc. Kids, ESPN Classic, Fox Sports World, Lonestar, MSNBC, MTV2, Nat. Geo. Channel, NHL Network, RaptorsTV, Diva, Action, TV Land and Xtreme Sports.

However, they'll have to wait until next week for the channels to launch.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 06:11 PM
The last I heard from my contact at Shaw was that they did not plan to add the new channels until Sept 16th. I don't know how reliable that information is, but with no changes (other than adding the Sunday Ticket channels earlier this week), it looks like that may be right.

I am trying to get something from a more reliable Shaw source. If I do, I will post the info.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 11:54 PM
Just a note to all Shaw Digital subs, Shaw now says it will launch most of the channels tonight !

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2001, 04:04 AM
Videotron will not launch any new channel today. Maybe in two weeks!?!?!?

RAD
09-08-2001, 07:34 AM
Been at my friend's place who has Videotron's digital service (in Montreal).

We checked around 8pm and the only new channel I could see was ARTV which launched a few days ago if I remember correctly...

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 03:44 PM
As of this morning, Shaw has still not added the new channels in Northern BC.

Interestingly, however, their TV Guide channel (Not the IPG) is showing the listings for the new channels. I think this is the first time that the TV Guide had the new channels before the IPG.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaxon1731:
As of this morning, Shaw has still not added the new channels in Northern BC.

Interestingly, however, their TV Guide channel (Not the IPG) is showing the listings for the new channels. I think this is the first time that the TV Guide had the new channels before the IPG.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing happened here in Southern Manitoba. Shaw has had the new channels listed on the TV Guide & on their info channel since Friday. How interesting, Shaw told me that the channels would launch Friday at 3pm, it is now Monday at 2:30pm and the channels have just come on about an hour ago.

Chaos
09-10-2001, 07:45 PM
Twister, where are you in Manitoba. I was at a friends place last night and he has had all the channels on Shaw from Friday night. We are in Winnipeg on the old Videon side.