PDA

View Full Version : Videotron late launch

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2001, 09:11 PM
CSR of Videotron told me they did not finish negotiations with new channel providers, and they will not launch anything tomorrow. Really greate news for ExpressVu and StarChoice.

WEEB
09-06-2001, 09:14 PM
They told me: "What new channels? We are not aware that there are any new channels launching any time soon." Nice job VidéoÉtrons. http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/frown.gif Good thing I ditched them for BEV!

WEEB

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2001, 09:16 PM
Shaw is no better. The don't plan to add the new channels til mid Sept (I have heard the 16 & 17 as possible dates).

digitalcable
09-06-2001, 09:33 PM
I find this unbeleivable that the cable co's with plenty of advance notice of the launch date that they cant make it on time. It looks like only Rogers and Cogeco will make the launch date.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2001, 10:26 PM
I can't believe the delay either. It is also interesting to note that in a press release today shaw makes the following claim:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Shaw is also leading the pack in terms of Digital Cables sales. Shaw currently has over 350,000 digital cable customers making Shaw the largest provider in Canada.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would think being the "leader" they would be able to get the channels on at launch.

BTW: Shaw's claim differs from info at CablecasterMagazine.com which shows Shaw as having 190,000 digital subs and Rogers with 201,000 digital subs.

snoman
09-06-2001, 10:30 PM
Cablemaster magazine is wrong on a lot of things it seems.They said SC was only adding 30 channels,touted nimiq 2's arrival next year and made no mention of SC's 2 satellite advantage THIS year,must be another BCE owned magazine.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 01:02 AM
I think Shaw will come through.

On that same CBC News report it showed a preview of Book Television playing on the TV's at Shaw's Calgary Head office. Secondly at the beginning of the news story it showed Shaw's IPG "Prevue Interactive" with Book Television in the listing (Ch.90) for those who are curious.

I Hope this indicates that the IPG is going to be updated and the channels will launch.