View Full Version : Shaw PVR in February 2004

300BaudAcoustic
12-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Well, here's a bit of news I wasn't expecting... (from CableCaster today):

"Shaw to launch HD PVR in February

12/9/2003

Companies in this story
Shaw Communications Inc.

CALGARY - Shaw Cable intends to bring a high definition TV personal video recorder to its customers in February of 2004, according to Shaw Communications president Peter Bissonnette.

Other details, such as a firm date, pricing and availability, were not disclosed, but the Motorola DCT 6208 "will be in the market in February," said Bissonnette.

The Motorola HD/PVR digital cable box comes with an integrated 80 GB hard-drive that is MSO-scalable to higher capacity for hours of PVR functionality. Plus, it features a 1394 port to enable external hard-drive expansion for increased storage space, fully supports HDTV, features an integrated, high-speed DOCSIS cable modem, high-performance processor and 3D graphics, and is designed to run advanced, interactive applications - games, home connectivity, streaming media, and t-commerce - and middleware. It also features expanded memory footprint, high speed Internet access, and a platform that supports future IP- and video-based interactivity."

denelson83
12-10-2003, 06:40 AM
But will Shaw give us our Canadian timeshifting?!?!

But I digress.

HammerJoe
12-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Will this apply to *c as well??

300BaudAcoustic
12-11-2003, 12:34 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Will this apply to *c as well??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that's certainly what I hope (though I thought I'd read that the 530 and 6208 aren't really related at all).

Just shelled out for satellite because I want a PVR and didn't think Shaw would ever give it to me. Now I've learned to love *c (couldn't get EV at my place) and want to stay, but if they're the only player left without a PVR...