PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Dish Upgrade for 6000

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Well I must say I have never seen such poor customer service with BEV!!! I have put together my upgrade kit and everything was working up until last week, when all of a sudden I lost signals on 82. On the orignial install I pressed "check switch" and all 4 quadrants came up without a problem. When I "check switch" now it only gives me 91 odd??? I have tried the other switch as well with the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks,

Smokeman
11-23-2003, 05:19 PM
I'm having a similar problem right now.

electricguy
11-23-2003, 05:58 PM
I installed a 6000 two weeks ago and now he is having problems. I have to go there today and see what is happing .I will post later today as to what i found out /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Skyway
11-23-2003, 06:07 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have put together my upgrade kit and everything was working up until last week, when all of a sudden I lost signals on 82

[/ QUOTE ]

You have told us about how the work you did on your dish upgrade has a problem, and you also say that Bell has given you poor customer service??

But you havn't told us about the poor customer service??

If I understand what you are saying you did the upgrade service yourself?

And if that is the case then the poor customer service was from you and not Bell??

Is there more to this customer service story that you have not told us? Did Bell do your upgrade?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-24-2003, 02:09 PM
In terms of the customer service, I just found that there are no real instructions that come with the 6000 receiver... They don't even mention skew coordinates, the only way I found out was reading about it on this forum. The also don't describe how the switches work and that you have to hit the check swith button once you have the switches installed??? Calls to technical service about my problem were absolutely useless, I kept telling the person that I used the cables that came with the system, yet she kept insisting that I must have cut the cable. Absolutely no help!!!