PDA

View Full Version : Refurbs...

North0f60
07-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Buddy of mine bought a 5100 a few months back. It has since died on him. So he calls up Bell to get a replacement. He tried to upgrade(and pay extra) for a 5800 and they say they will not upgrade him no way, no how. Anyway, he get a replacement refurb that is beaten and scratched everywhere so he calls to complain, but they say to bad, that is your replacement. He refuses to hook it up and calls back a few days later and says it doesn't power up (no wonder, he never even plugged it in,hehe) so they say they are sending him another.
Well, a week passes and a brand new 3100 shows up at the door with a letter that says something like "Sorry for the delay but we had to send you this 3100 because our 5100's are delayed".
Then the very next day a brand new JVC 501 arrives at the door with not a scratch on it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif . He plugged it in and it works great.
Reason i mentioned this is, if one of you get a beatup refurb for a replacement. Say it doesn't work so you can get a better one /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DavidH
07-21-2003, 04:19 PM
How can you tell if it's made by JVC? I received a new-appearing 501 (with Dish markings instead of EVU, but with current EVU software preloaded) as my replacement when my 5100 went bad. Just wondering if it's a JVC..

North0f60
07-21-2003, 05:32 PM
It says JVC right on the front.

austinsho
07-21-2003, 10:02 PM
...and they all come off the same assembly line.

GOD
07-22-2003, 12:58 AM
LOL....hmmm , maybe your buddy by getting that old beat up 5100 scratched up piece of crap actually received Filthy's repaired gem[you all know...the one that crapped out on him /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ??? Hey Filthy ...fess up now /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and tell us...did you kick , slam or throw or jump up and down on the unit while u had it in your possession when it became defective ??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Disclaimer: All in fun, do not take it too seriously ! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I_Want_My_HDTV
07-22-2003, 05:27 AM
I hate getting refurbs. You never know what problems you might inherit, how ancient the unit is or how it has been treated. Units should be repaired or replaced with a unit that is either new or as new as the one being replaced IMHO. That goes double for almost new units under warranty. *C replaced my one month old 401 with a defective refurb and it turned out to be the 200 that was defective.

Filthy
07-22-2003, 02:52 PM
All of the above, plus I scratched 666 and SC Sucks on the top of it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MCIBUS
07-22-2003, 03:32 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
plus I scratched 666 and SC sucks on top of it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif [/b]

LOL So in other words SC is the DEVIL!!! LOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif &amp; BEV is GOD, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Who will this battle GOOD or Evil? LOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Filthy
07-22-2003, 03:49 PM
It's painfully obvious who has already won this battle...