PDA

View Full Version : OT-Name Stealers And Claim Jumpers!!

MCIBUS
09-05-2001, 09:52 PM
Ok Guys very funny.It just seems strange that suddenly on express 2001 forum people are useing MCIBUS2000,MCIBUS1 after I post some of the user names I use on other forums.There's even one or two who only knows who I by "their" forum as being Adm/Mods I won't say these people names but I know who you are.Look guys as those names are not copyrighted to me I have no way of preventing others from useing them.But I ask you politely if you use them please don't write,post anything rude,discrimanateing I have no problem if want to use them I'm not even angry or mad,not even upset at was posted on express 2001 forum.But they only thing I have to say is if someone post disriminating remarks,slander or deformation of chareticer and uses my call sign and say its me and not them thats where I draw the line and I WILL SEEK LEGAL ACTION.Sorry to be rough but thats one thing I won't stand for.Now if this was a joke fine if not well there not much I can say.If the Adm wish to e-mail regarding this post, please do so and I will discuss this in private with you.
THANK-YOU TOM

[This message has been edited by MCIBUS (edited 09-05-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
09-05-2001, 10:42 PM
Why would someone do that.That was not very nice of them to do that to you.

MCIBUS
09-05-2001, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TV MAN:
Why would someone do that.That was not very nice of them to do that to you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks TV MAN for understanding.

GOD
09-05-2001, 10:53 PM
MCIBUS , sorry to hear about that . Something is going on . Remember how I got chastized for hounding Express2001 on other forums ? Well I don't use this nic anywhere else , so I know how you feel . Just where is this forum you are posting at ? Post a link for me please .

davidnb
09-05-2001, 11:00 PM
Sorry to see that happened. Someone has a sick sense of humor on this one.

MCIBUS
09-05-2001, 11:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GOD:
MCIBUS , sorry to hear about that . Something is going on . Remember how I got chastized for hounding Express2001 on other forums ? Well I don't use this nic anywhere else , so I know how you feel . Just where is this forum you are posting at ? Post a link for me please .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is the link GOD http://express2001.freeservers.com/

[This message has been edited by MCIBUS (edited 09-05-2001).]

GOD
09-05-2001, 11:37 PM
Just ignore it MCIBUS . There is nothing on there anyways . I think everyone here knows you well enough by now and will know it's not you . The Jean Monty and Chretien post was hilarious though , that was funny .

MCIBUS
09-05-2001, 11:44 PM
Your probally right GOD,but I didn't see any negative remarks supposely posted by you but wasn't regarding express2001.Funny thing was, when I e-mail the reply two came back as non registared e-mail accounts.One though didn't,thats the one I will keep a eye on.
PEACE UP TOM http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

BCTripster
09-05-2001, 11:57 PM
Ignore it Tom, there's 4 messages posted on there, nobody will even find the site as the search engines avoid free hosting sites like the plague.

I generally ignore any website hosted on a free server, if the author is at all serious about it then they'll manage to cough up the $20 or so a month it would cost for a real hosting provider. Your own domain name lends the information you post much more credibility. And then you're also not annoying your visitors with popup ads, javascript ads, or any other such nonsense.

Since there's obviously no login system in place there then it could be anybody making those posts, there may be a chance that IP addresses are saved so you could hassle the persons ISP, but that's hardly worth it in this case.

I've run across many people using Tripster, some are obvious attempts to impersonate me while others are just people using the same nickname although I've moved to BCTripster now mostly, I don't let it get to me, I have my IP recorded on my posts and I'll freely admit to which ISP my IP belongs to, I only have one and I know he won't boot me anytime soon.

BTW, I don't even know if you're a member on channelcanada.com under any name, I've got much more important things to do than go over each member. Also, I encrypt everything that should be encrypted, like passwords, so I can't even tell you what it would be if you asked me http://www.kusat.com/forums/images/icons/smile.gif