PDA

View Full Version : Infra-red problems w. my 6000

Snidely
04-28-2003, 03:21 AM
My BEV 6000 seems to have lost much of its IR sensitivity. I have trouble w. my universal IR remotes and, more importantly, it isn't reading the IR signals from my VCR most of the time.
It might help if i knew exactly where the receptor eye is located on the unit. Can someone tell me where on the face of the 6000 would be the ideal place to paste an IR emitter?
If the IR "receptor" is going out, is it easily fixible by someone who knows what they are doing? I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money since I (hopefully they will be released) will be getting a 921 as soon as they come out.

TIA.

...mike

Perogy
04-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Isn't the BEV 6000 UHF, not IR ? Hence the little antennae at the back. FWIW, maybe your batteries are getting low. My remote for the 6000 seems to suck lots of batteries, but I use it for UHF for the dish, and for IR for my home theatre to control volume.

Arthur
04-28-2003, 05:50 PM
The 6000 is both UHF and IR.

ddire
04-28-2003, 08:17 PM
He is talking about the IR sensor.. not the emitter.

6000 is both IR and RF.

It also has an IR blaster to control the VCR.

d

Snidely
04-28-2003, 10:02 PM
ddire: I didn't discover, after all this time, that it had an IR blaster to control a VCR until after i wrote my post last nite<G>..
That sure is a lot "kludgier" way to control recordings than simply using the VCR. The VCR is quick and easy. W. using the 6000, setting times is a pain as you have to cursor all around the screen to make the settings and then remember to leave the VCR on. I can put up with it for now. Anyway, the year's new shows are coming to an end, so there isn't much timeshifting left to do.
You are right, I want to know exactly where the sensor is located on the 6000.
(The UHF remote works perfectly, even from the far reaches of the home.)

...mike

**DONOTDELETE**
04-28-2003, 10:37 PM
The IR sensor is located on the right side. I have opened quite a few to put an IR emitter inside.

mark